WiTuners communicates with a WLAN controller using SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol). When the controller does not respond, most likely the SNMP connection between your computer and the controller has a problem.
To start with, you can PING the controller. Nevertheless, a successful PING does not necessarily mean a good SNMP connection. So please further check the following if the PING is OK.
(1) The SNMP protocol is enabled on the controller.
(2) The firewall does not block SNMP.
(3) Check the following SNMP parameters you set in the Audit Configuration dialog boox:
1. controller ip address,
2. SNMP port number (default: 161),
3. SNMP community name read (for example: public)
4. SNMP community name write (for example: netman, optional)
5. The listening IP address and port number
6. SNMP version (version 1 or version 2c).
(4) Verify your SNMP connection with any third party SNMP Manager. For example, the free “MIB Browser Free Personal Edition” by iREASONING Networks is available for download here: www.ireasoning.com/downloadmibbrowserfree.php