For Wi-Fi professionals, WiTuners Mobile enables you to conveniently perform Site Survey with your mobile devices. You don’t have to carry a heavy laptop to do the time-consuming survey anymore. WiTuners Mobile can generate and show heat-maps.
Survey results are stored in local files or in a remote database and can be retrieved later for further processing by WiTuners to generate or optimize a Wi-Fi deployment plan.
Wi-Fi Site Survey on Android Tablets and Phones
Install or Purchase WiTuners Mobile for Wi-Fi Site Survey
WiTuners Mobile for Wi-Fi Site Survey is a lightweight interactive mobile application for wireless site survey and performance assessment running from Android tablets or phones. It allows a user to walk the floor and capture signal strength data from all APs in the environment at any number of positions on the floorplan. It accurately locates your current position and displays it on the floor plan as you move around.
It can be used to survey an unknown site and automatically plot the APs on the floor plan, for the first time. Just load and calibrate a floor plan, and walk the floors capturing RF and performance data every time you press the sample button.
It is so easy to use, that any non-IT staff member in a remote office can carry out a WLAN site survey on IT’s behalf, and upload the data to the WiTuners Optimizer system. As it listens to the APs around it, WiTuners Mobile automatically figures out all the geometry and places every AP it hears, including those in neighboring networks, in its correct place on the floor plan. It also assesses end-user performance from the host client device using ping and FTP tests.
To survey existing networks, simply download existing floor plans from WiTuners Planner, and start collecting samples. WiTuners Mobile can also be used in a continuous mode to profile the RF conditions and client performance in one spot, for an extended period.
Survey data can be uploaded to WiTuners Optimizer and merged with building properties and real-time network performance data for the same network, infusing the Wi-Fi Optimization Engine with visibility of actual RF conditions and device throughput data from multiple points in the floor plan.
- Automated site survey. Sample signals as you move around the floor plan
- Only interactive tool which pinpoints your current location on the floor plan
- Captures RF signal data from all access points it can hear in the environment
- Shows expected performance for different client types at any point on the floor plan
- Continuous site survey mode to obtain performance profile throughout the day
- Powerful network discovery tool for learning physical layout of existing WLANs
- Merges survey data into the Wi-Fi Optimization Engine for planning and optimization
- Easy and practical to conduct site-surveys at remote offices with no local IT support